Wednesday, November 13, 2013

8. Out of the MTC.... Into the Field. Big Crazy City "Field"

Hello again. 
It has been too long since I have had the chance to email you. So, I have made it safely out of the CTM. My first area is called Vila Maria!!! I am with Elder Amed!!! So, where to begin. The day I Left the CTM I went to eat at the mission presidents house. We had some kind of chicken gravy with rice. My mission President is awesome. He looks realy scary but he is realy funny. The city is crazy!!!! I don't know how I am going to do this. (You know how easily I get lost) haha. I have to admit I am terrified. I just keep reminding myself that I am in the Lord's hands and that he has a plan for me. 
So this week we have been trying to get a teaching pool together. It's a lot of work and so many of our appointments fall through 'cuz everyone works all day here. But we have two baptisms lined up. KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED! 
It's funny 'cuz I hardly know these people but I just can't help wanting them to accept the gospel. 
I make a lot of people laugh because I don't understand a word they are saying!!! haha I just smile and nod my head. The members here are also great. We have a great ward in Vila Maria. 
The members feed us so much food!!!!! I kid you not, we have meals at a members house every meal and then they all send us home with the left overs. It's crazy. I'm getting fat already!!! haha. 
So, this morning I got to go to the temple again!!!!! All of the missions close to temple get to go once every 3 months, or something like that, and I just happen to get out of the CTM at just the right time to get to go. It was awesome. Can I just say that the Lord knows me and the things I am going through. There is nothing I needed more then to go to the temple and feel the love of my savior.
I love you all very much. 

Okay, I'm trying to send pictures let me know if you get them. 

I love you all so much. Please pray that I can handle all the things I need to do:)

Love you all so much,
Elder Bryan Jacobson

1 comment:

  1. Bryan - congrats on finishing up at the CTM and arriving at your new area. Hope you enjoy your companion and are patient with the process of getting oriented to your new area.

    It can be rough to have members too eager to feed you (had that in one area). Thanksgiving and Christmas were brutal :-)

    ReplyDelete