Monday, November 18, 2013

9. "You do realize that you have only been out 10 days?"

Hello Family!! 

Ow what a week it has been. The work is getting better!! And by that I mean we are teaching more lessons. We found a new investigator yesterday and set a baptismal date!!!! Its crazy how fast it all goes. Her name is Anna Palla. We found her through a referral and have only taught her once but I believe she has been prepared to here the message of the lord. Its also great because if she is baptized, her son that just turned eight would be baptized as well. We are gaining more and more people to teach each day and i look forward to the opportunity to share my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

So last week i was in a panic, everything seemed so overwhelming then my companion looked at me and said ` You do realize that you have only been out 10 days`. 
I looked at the date on my watch and i couldn't believe it. Ever since then I have been able to just relax and take things as they come. And as I have done so I have felt that the spirit has been able to be with me when I am calm and put my faith in the Lord. This week I have felt my prayers being answered as I just keep moving forward in faith. 

    So this week we have been doing allot of walking!! It's great I love the workout!! haha but it's funny because the sidewalks are so uneven that I trip all the time. Me and my companion have been keeping a tally each day. Saturday I broke the record with 28 trips!!!! hahah. my pore shoes. and then to top it off into a drain in the side of the road because the rock covering it was broken and when I stepped on it I fell right through!!!! hahah. but it all ended good because while I was trying to get out we ran into a guy that asked us for help. We gave him our number, the number of the bishop and address. I don't know what happened after that but I hope we hear back soon if there is more we can do to help this man.

    This week I went on my first exchanges. I was terrified. Trying to find all the houses was very difficult and I missed one of the appointments cuz I couldn't find the house to save my life. But me and Elder lopes taught two really good lessons that night and got two return dates. It was awesome. A very humbling and rewarding experience. 

    Last thing before I go. I was talking to my mission president this week and he gave me some really good advise. It wasn't anything I hadn't heard before but never had it impacted me in this way. I think the same comments were made in the talk dad sent. 

"Faith proceeds the miracles." I have to be willing to open my mouth and say things that I don't think I know how. I have to go places that I don't know, and do things that I am afraid to do before I can receive the blessings from my faith. It has and will continue to be a hard lesson to learn but I know that as I move forward in faith, the Lord will provide the way for me. He sent me here and He has a  plan. 
I look forward to see it unfold before me. (So do we son, so do we. - Mom) 

I love you all very much!!! Thank you for your support and prayers

Love Elder Bryan Jacobson


 D& C 78:18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment