Wednesday, October 16, 2013

4. Half way done with my time in the CTM (MTC in Portuguese)

Hello Family,
Another sweet week in the CTM. I can't believe how fast it is all going. I am half way done with my time in the CTM and it is hard to believe that I will be teaching on the streets in just a few more weeks!!!! This week I chocked out my first prayer in Portuguese in our class. haha it was cool! I couldn't believe how many words came to my mind right when i needed them. It has been the most amazing thing to see the lords hand in my life each and everyday. I know that he is watching over me and each day my testimony grows stronger that I am were the lords wants me to be.
So the other day I went to the police station with the rest of my district to get out visas finished up. We spent the entire morning getting our finger prints taken and signing paper work. It was kind of nice to get out and see some more of Brazil. As I sat in a chair waiting, I started watching all of the people walk by I pictured myself sharing the gospel with every single one of them. I thought about how God knows about every single person and he cares for them just like he does me. As I thought about this I felt this strong desire to learn the language faster so that I could share my knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Never have I realized what a blessing the Gospel is and how important it is to share what we know with others. For some reason I have always been afraid to share the gospel with my friends and the people around me except for when we were at pageant. But know that I am here and i have nothing for worry about but missionary work I have realized that sharing this message is something that I could and should have done more often.
So many people are ready to hear the message of the restored gospel and we just have to open our mouths. For that is the true purpose of why we are on this earth. We don't have to teach a lesson to share the gospel either. This week I have been thinking about how I can share the gospel when I am unable to speak the language. As I  thought about this I realized that I don't need to speak to love and help the people here. I decided that until I can put my testimony into words I will share my testimony through my actions and through my face. I know that as I do all I can the Lord will bless me and provide the way. I have been so blessed and the Lord is so willing to pore out more blessings to me if I have faith and do the things that he wants and needs me to do.

                   Eu sei A Igreja De Jesus Christo dos santos do ultimos dias verdadeiro. Eu amor Jesus Cristo. A nome de Jesus Cristo amem.


I love you all so much and pray for you every day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment