Wednesday, October 2, 2013

2. First Week in the MTC!

Hello Family!!

So,  I can finally tell you the second story of what happened on the plane on the way to Brazil!!!!  So I was sitting on the end seat in the middle section and there was a couple sitting next to me. When we got settled down in our seats I decided to start talking to them because it was a late flight and I knew that if I waited too long, all they would want to do was sleep. So I said hello. They did not speak very much English but I could make out just enough of what they were saying. After about 5 minutes I remembered I had my Portuguese Book of Mormon in my carry on bag, so I pulled it out and told them a little bit about it and Joseph Smith and Jesus Christ. I let them read it. Oscar and his wife read the entire introduction and a little bit of the first chapter of Nephi. 
They seemed very interested and so I gave them the pass along card that I had in my bag. Oscar, the husband, looked up the website right there on the plane TV thing in front of him. I told them that if they wanted I could send someone over to their house so they could learn more. Oscar gave me his families home address, home phone, and cell phone that the missionaries could call.
Oscar then showed my on my mission map were he lives, But unfortunately he is right outside my mission. Haha oh well.

Now that I have been in the MTC a week I am starting to get used to the busy schedule. We had to teach a lesson in Portuguese the second night!!!!!!! It was so scary. As I thought, the language does not come naturally, but I just have to remember that the Lord knows me better than I know myself. I know this is were I  am supposed to be and I have faith that when the time is right I will be able to share my testimony with the people. Today as we walked down the streets for the first time just from smiling at the people made me so happy and my desire to share what I know about this gospel grow. I already feel a love for them that I can't describe.

So my companions name is Elder Brogan! He is the best! I am the only one in my district that did not take 4 or more years of Spanish so it has been so difficult for me. I feel like I am being left behind in the language. haha But the biggest lesson I have learned is that I am not here to learn the language, I am here to learn how to follow the spirit.  And I know that as I do that, the Lord will bless me and my mouth will be full of the words that I need to say.
This was confirmed to me as I sat in the temple and felt the spirit so strong.
I have come to the strong realization that this life is the time to become like God and Jesus Christ and I have learned that this task is not an easy one. I have come to the realization that I must go through the bad to truly enjoy the good. I have gained a stronger testimony of my Savior's Atonement and I know that like my Savior, I to can do hard things. 

I see Andrew almost every day! We play volleyball together most mornings!! And he is in the classroom next door to mine.

I would love to send you some pictures but we were just informed that we cant send them. Sorry.

I love you all so much!!!! I look at the picture I have of us at the temple everyday. It makes me so happy. I love my Savior and I am so grateful for all that He has done for me. I know I am here today because of Him. I know that without Him I would to totally lost. I love this gospel and I pray everyday that I will be able to share it from my heart soon( instead of reading it off a paper) haha. I know without a doubt that this gospel is true and I am so grateful for the chance I have to be a part of this great work.

I love you all once again and I pray and think of you daily.


                                                                               Love,  Elder B. Jacobson


No comments:

Post a Comment