Wednesday, October 30, 2013

6. MY BROTHER MY BROTHER

Oi como vi

Can you believe it was been another week in the CTM!!!!? The time has gone by so fast!!! This is the last email I will be sending to you all while I am in the CTM!!!! Crazy!!!! This week has been a complete miracle. Our daily schedule was about the same as the typical week. Gym in the morning, study, prepare for our lessons and then time with the instructor, but the thing that has changed is the time when me and my companion get to teach our investigators here at the CTM.
Before this week I was always so terrified to practice the lessons with our investigators here because I always felt that I could never say the words that I wanted to say to them. But this week that changed. I have seen miracles in my life but never like the one that I am living in now.
As I read my patriarchal blessings I am seeing some of the promises come true. My mouth is being fulled with words to say at the exact time I need them. This week Me and Elder Brogan were teaching a lesson and in the middle of the lesson the investigator asked me to bear my testimony on the power of prayer. (We were teaching her about prayer) At first I did not understand what she was asking my, my companion had to mouth the words to me. I finally understood that she wanted to know how I knew that God answers our prayers or something like that. When I realized what she was asking me I was not afraid because I had been thinking in my mind about 5 minutes before what I would say to bare my testimony of the power of prayer. I told here that I know God will answer her prayers and that God can help you with all of the things that you are going through in your life if your ask him for help. It took me awhile to get the words out but they did come, and I know it was because of the Lord and the power of the Holy Ghost that she understood what I said.
Even though the investigator is not real yet I know that the power of the Holy Ghost is and it is amazing what happens when you have the faith to follow its promptings.
After that lesson I have been able to say more things without having to read them off a paper!!! Just shows me once again how much my Father in Heaven loves me and has a plan for me.
So I have to tell you about one of my best friends here at the CTM. His name is Elder Tanchiva. He speaks Spanish and a lot of Portuguese and has claimed me as his brother! haha. He found out about Andrew and now ever since then every time he sees me he yells MY BROTHER MY BROTHER SEMPRE SEMPRE. YOUR BROTHER NOT,  I'M YOUR BROTHER!!!!  He then makes me say,
eu sou elder Jacobson, eu sou um missionario da igreja de Jesus Christo dos santos dos Ultimos dias. Nos temos um mensagem sobre jusus cristo e O Livro de Mormon. ( Hello I am Elder jacobson, I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint. We have a message about Jesus Christ and The Book of Mormon.)
All of the Brazilians on our floor wait in a group for me to come up and say this each night. It repeats when I go into the bathroom to brush my teeth. hahha!!! And I have to say I love it. I love the people here and I have found that if I just smile they are really nice and open. In my classroom I am the class greeter. Every time someone comes in I yell, Oi, como vi? ( Hi, how are you). It it so much fun.
So I have time to tell you one more thing. I bought a book of Mormon from the temple store for 1.50R (.75$) Me and elder Brogan are going to mark it up and give it away on the bus ride on the way to our first areas!!!!! I'm so excited!!!! Its going to be awesome. Everyone in our district has 4 hour plane rides to get to their areas but me and Brogan could only have a 45 minute bus ride!!!!! just think In 5 days i will be in the field doing it for real!!!! so pumped!!!
well I'm out of time.
I love you all so much. I will  get to send some pictures next email!!!
Talk to you all next week
                                                      CHAO CHAO!!!
                                           Love,

                            Elder B. Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment