Wednesday, February 19, 2014

14 .what a good, difficult, crazy, exciting week it has been.

what a good, difficult, crazy, exciting week it has been. I just found out i am staying in Vila Maria for my second transfer!!!!! I love it here. I love the ward and i love the people that i am working with. This week we BAPTISED Elida da Silva!!!! she is a 14 year old girl and has just entered young women's!! she loves the church and the ward is so great with taking care of her and making her feel welcome. Never before have i seen a ward that is so involved in missionary work. It truly does make all the difference. On Sunday i had the opportunity to confirm Elida a Member of the church of Jesus Christ of latter-day saints. My words were choppy and my hands were shaking so bad Elida probably had a headache after the pray:) but the spirit was so strong and i have been so blessed to be a part of this work. The Salvation of Gods Children. Never before did I truly understand how powerful missionary work is and the eternal blessings it brings. I testify that there is nothing that could be more important then this work for i know that I am helping the Lord do his work to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. what a huge and wonderful responsibility it is. so my first week we ate lunch at a members house and this Brother likes to make the Elders eat allot. And i guess the first time i did not eat enough ( i ate so much i thought i was going to be sick, i had to stop by the house to get some Motrin for my headache.) and so he said next time i would have to eat 4 plates piled high. Well we happen to eat at his house again this week. I started fasting a day and a half before this meal drinking lots of water so that i could stretch my stomach out. haha like they do on tv. When we go to the house his wife serves me a piece of lasagna the size of a computer mouse pad!!!!! with a pile of potato salad and a chicken breast on the side. by the time the meal was over i ate 4 mounds o potato salad 3 entire chicken breasts and 2 slabs of lasagna the size of a computer mouse pad!!!!!! I thought i was going to die but i kept playing it off trash talking (i can do it in Portuguese!!!) and asking for more food. when I was done with my food i pushed my plate aside and said, I hope you have desert (sobre mesa). 2 containers of ice cream were brought forth with all the toppings. 3 bowls latter it was over!!! I love the members here! they are awesome and always willing to help me with my Portuguese. I have been blessed to be here. I know that god knows me and i am so excited to stay here here for another 6 weeks. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! ow and before i forget, i am going to be able to skype you guess. we are going to be at a members house at about 5pm on Christmas please let me know your Skype address and anything else i might need to know to know to make it work. CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!! Elder Bryan, Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment