Wednesday, March 5, 2014

20. What a great week it has been.

Hello family!!!! 

What a great week it has been.

This week Elder Ahmed and i were hoping to have two baptisms but one of them fell though because we could not contact Dennis. Elder Ahmed is leaving in two day to go home and so if i stay here it will be my job to finish teaching him and get him a new baptism date. I pray we don't have to drop him. 
Today some time tonight i find out who my new companion is going to be and if i am staying in Vila Maria again:) I will most likely be staying for my first transfer but wont be sure until tonight. 
So the Vila Maria ward is trying to become a stake and it might happen this transfer!!! Which means that the Vila Maria mission could be split into two.:) It is so cool to see how the church is growing. 

The church is growing so fast here. just this week in the SOU PAULO NORTH MISSION we had 61 baptisms!!! That means that almost every companionship had a baptism this week!!! 

Yesterday we baptised Marcos. I think I told you about him. His entire family are active but he never going. Missionaries and church leaders had been trying to get him baptised for a very long time. The stake president went with us to teach him and he was baptized after stake conference. 

I tell you that there is no better feeling in the world. I know that this transfer is going to be the hardest but i know that it will be the most rewarding because i will have the chance to play a bigger role in finding and teaching these people. One of the hardest and most important things about missionary work is having faith in heavenly father and just do it. I an always afraid to open my mouth because i was afraid of people not understanding. But this week I have tried to truly say everything that comes into my mind and heart and i know that the lord has been with me every step of the way. just like the logo on the Nike shirts JUST DO IT i know that as i just open my mouth at every opportunity the lord will fill it. 
 this is going to b my theme and goal for this transfer. 

I am so excited to see what i can accomplish with the lord on my side because i know with him i can do all things. 

I love you all so much. 


elder jacobson  B

No comments:

Post a Comment