Monday, January 25, 2016

First Few Days in FRANCO DA ROCHA - 28 April 2014

This week I have been transferred to Franco da Rocha. It is a huge area practically in the mountains!!! It is so cool, I have tons of pictures for you guys. I am working in a trio with Elder Marroy and Elder Lucas. They are both from Argentina. Elder Lucas is our district leader and was my second district leader in Pillar do sul. So it was nice to have already known him. This is going to be such a learning experience for me. The first couple of days it was difficult to teach with three but with a little time we will get the hang of it. The power of three testimonies of the same truths is awesome when trying to help investigators. We already had a baptism this week for IVO one of Elder Marroy´s investigators. And we have two more marked for this week and next week. the first is Rebeca. She is a 17 year old girl that was a referral from the young women. last night we taught her the plan of salvation, it was funny because she watched the plan of salvation movie that i watched in seminary about the play and the three acts. She new everything before we taught her. I felt like she was teaching me! It was awesome you could just tell the she utterly thirsted for the gospel and when she found it she could not get enough.
 
we have another date marked for Jennine e sergio. they are an older couple that live on a huge "shakera´` Just like the Claytons in Ohio. We taught them the commandments on Saturday and they said that they felt that they had already been prepared to live them.
They are going to be a great add to this ward.
The ward in Franca da Rocha is very strong. they have so many members and a great bishop. I look forward to get to know as many of them as I can.

These are just a few pictures of my new area. I have not had time to get some good ones of the houses. next week I'll will get a better view. and some pictures of my companions.








No comments:

Post a Comment