Sunday, October 2, 2016

Gospel Blessings - 15 June 2015

This week was a little crazy!! but was great!! I think I start every email saying that the week was crazy....ha-ha. 

We Started the week off by going to the police station!! haha no i was not taken under arrest!! Got my visa renewed!! that was a lot of fun!! taking pictures and getting my fingerprints taken. We did not get back to our area until 5 in the evening. 

Then the next day we had interviews with President Farns!! Always a great experience. We talked about goals and more about being a leader. He told me to take advantage of the opportunity that I am having here. Something that has been one of the biggest themes for us on the mission is putting everything on the sacrifice alter in order to receive the blessings from the lord!! In the interview president challenge me to put everything left that I have on the alter!! Every fear, Every laziness, Every thought of home!! everything and consecrate the last few months I have to the lord like never before!! 

Yesterday we had 4 baptisms. 
ROGER, who is a boliviano that was the only member in his family that was not a member of the church. He was telling us about what helped him make up his mind. He prayed and thought a lot about his family. He said that he was going through a lot of problems with his family and he knew that the gospel was what he needed. He told us before his baptism that he was going in to never come out!!!! 

Then we had BRUNA, NAYARA, E SARA!!! 
They are also a great family!! They are sisters. they look like they have 10 to 12 years old but they are actually 20 to 22. ha-ha When they went to church the leaders started taking them to the primary!! hahah they are awesome. they have been through some really hard times. even have lived on the street. When they got to church they were so excited and just wanted to go back!!! Yesterday they were so excited to leave everything in the water!! 

One thing that I have really learned about the Atonement and Baptism is that you don't just leave your sins, but you leave every bit of heartache every pain that has passed and literally start completely over!!! What a Blessing!! The power of the Atonement is so real and everyone needs it!! 
I love this gospel!!! I love the opportunity I have to be here helping people to receive the same blessings I have received!!! 

I love you all! Have a great week!!! 

                                       Elder B. Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment