Sunday, February 21, 2016

One Contact! - 25 August 2014

This week I got to see the effects of doing something so small grow into such a huge blessing! 

I don't know why but a few weeks back I was just not very excited to talk to people. You know sometimes I just get so tired and don't feel like doing anything and then your companion says something that hurts your feelings and get mad, loose the spirit and all that stuff. Totally normal. I have to admit these last few weeks me and my companion have been having a little problems getting along. haha. And I have to say most of the fault is with me. And due to the lack of the spirit between us we kind of lost the excitement of missionary work for a little bit. 

And this week it just kind of all came out. We were close to the church so we went to go calm down and talk a little bit to see what we needed to do. After we said a prayer and went to go work again. Part of the problem is that I just don't like doing contacts. The words never come out right.... so I kind of just stopped talking to people on the streets.
But I knew that I have to find a way to get over my fear. I remember I was walking down the street just praying so hard for the lord to please prepare a person for me to talk to....
I kid you not, the second I finished my prayer a man stepped outside his gate and stood leaning on his wall just waiting for me!!  I walked up to him and just started talking.. Nothing was coming out right but he understood for the most part and said.. Please, please come visit me. He said that he had talked to other missionaries in the street but they never came to his house. 
Yesterday we went to his house after church and he had just gotten back from running. PERFECT. 
we entered his house and talked for a very long time. he's awesome and works at the hospital. he is the boss over the people that work with x-rays. A member of our branch he works at the same place. 
We talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ and he said he would like to be baptized!!!!! Yaaa. We just got to get him to come to church!! 

Just one more testimony to me THE LORD KNOWS US AND IS AWARE OF EVERYTHING WE ARE GOING THROUGH.  This kind of thing has happened to me so many times on the mission I don't know what is taking me  so long to put all of my trust in the Lord cuz something cool happens every time!!! 
The Lord is just waiting for me to trust him every time! Every time! this is the Lords work and if we are doing all we can the lord will prepare miracles for us!!! I know this is true. The Lord is waiting to turn our weakness into strengths!! The Lord has used my weaknesses so many times to find the people that are ready. Some times I feel like such a weak missionary but I tell you this THE LORD IS STRONG and truly uses weak and small things to do his great work!!! It is so awesome!!! 
I love my lord and I am so grateful for this opportunity to learn and grow. 

Do we truly understand the potential we have!! We are children of a GOD!! OUR potential is unlimited when we put our trust in our Father. 

I love this gospel so much!! I love you all so much! have a great week!!! 

                                 Elder Bryan Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment