Sunday, April 24, 2016

New Transfer - 10 November 2014

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!
First I would like to tell you about what happened with the transfer information!!! I am going to be staying in CAPÃO BONITO AGAIN!!!!!!!  FORTH TRANSFER HERE!! I am going to be finishing the training of Elder Gonzales and then I think I'm out of this place for sure but I feel very blessed to b able to stay here and continue helping our district. Also you will never guess who is coming to be in my district!!!!  ELDER BROGAN!!! Does that name ring a bell!  Elder Brogan was my companion in the MTC and now is going to be in my district!!!!! How awesome!!! Very excited about that!!
Just some of our investigators that we are still trying to baptize!!!
MICHEL and NABILA, VANDERLEI, SANDRA, GILMAR, ALINE!!!!
we have been getting a lot of great investigators here the only problem is getting them to come to church!! Everyone has to work outside of the city so it is rare if they are in Capoa on Sunday to go to church. so we have been struggling to baptize people because they aren't coming to church!!! but we are still holding on to hope that the Lord is preparing a way for these people to find the church of Jesus Christ!!
This week we got to see a wonderful ´change of heart´ in GILMAR!!

We had almost decided to drop him after two days of him avoiding us and not staying in the house when we would com to talk to us!! after the third time I said frustrated to my companion that we wouldn't come back!! But about 5 days latter we were passing his house and the idea came to just try one more time!! so we did!! and my companion started to complain but I insisted and so we went!!!!

And what a difference it made!!!! When we got to his house he was there and was so happy that we had come back. He started to apologize and told us that he had started smoking again and was not acting like himself. he told us that h still wanted to try to stop and that he was so sorry for what happened!! We testified of the power of the atonement and the power it has to change people!! he recommitted to live the word of wisdom and we mark a goal for baptism on the 22nd!!! When we left he said he wanted to walk with us little bit. we left and when we went around the corner he stopped us and just thanked us so much for coming back!!  haha he gave us a huge and then went back to his house.

The power of the Atonement is so real and so powerful! it truly has the power to change the hearts of the people we teach!! I learned a powerful lesson this week that in order for our investigators to change we have to have the faith in them that they can change. I think about what would have happened if we had not gone back !  I am so grateful for this gospel and I am so grateful for everyday I have here to learn and grow and to be better each day!! but most of all I am so grateful for my Father in Heaven that never gave up on me and never will!!!!
I love you all so much and I love this gospel!!!!
Have a great week!!!
                                                      ELDER JACOBSON

No comments:

Post a Comment